Thursday, September 23, 2010

One Month Old

We just wanted everyone to know how Jude was getting along.

Jude is now 5 weeks old and still very small. Sometimes I wonder if I am doing ok as a mom and sometimes I think I am doing great. I am sure almost everything we have experienced together is normal however my mind often wonders.

I see so many other babies that are his age and think wow they are so much bigger than he is but I am sure he is just getting a slow start.

Ok, so health wise we are going to the doctor this afternoon for a check up because his jaundice has been going up and we have to run some tests on him.

However there is some interesting news about his weight gain. It turns out thanks to the pictures we took that he wasn't 7 lb. and 9 oz. at birth, he was 6 lb. and 15 oz. so he is gaining. He is just gaining slower than we would like him too. Please pray for him that God will continue to help him grow big and strong and that my breast milk is not the culprit, and also that his liver is in perfect health as well.

His weight is: 7 lb. and 5 oz.

Here are a few pictures that we had taken over the last month by our neighbor Heather (Heather Beatty Photography). She gives us free photos for helping her. We hope you like them.

1 comment:

Fingleton Family said...

Oh Becky! These pictures are absolutely amazing- seriously! Beautiful! We think of you guys often and pray all is well!