Sunday, January 3, 2010

Our Ever Changing World/Family

Well Jeremy and I are really learning to adapt to our new life here in Spain and we are constantly reminded that life is a journey. We are learning together how to be a stronger and better family unit and asking God for help every step of the way.







Jeremy surprised me with a new dog this Christmas. She is a pretty little thing that needed a home before she was euthanized and we are calling her Roxanne (Roxy for short).








I surprised Jeremy with the news of being pregnant, so in a week our family has doubled and changed twice over. I am adjusting to morning sickness and he is helping out more around the house. We are learning how to pray together and I hope it lasts. I believe praying together is vital to a family and though I don't understand Jeremy's reservations on it his heart is in the right place.

I wish we could have been home this Christmas to hug all of you and share the chore of cooking and cleaning and the joy playing games, laughing, and just being with you all but I hope you all enjoyed the pictures we sent. Next year the pictures will be completely different, there will be a baby and 2 dogs in the shot. 

With all this change in my life I am reminded of Ps. 138 and 139.
In 138 he was talking to God about not forgetting him, and knowing that there was so much he needed God for in his life and it was as the Lord answered him with the praise of the next psalm 139:11-16

If I say, "surely the darkness shall fall on me," even the night shall be light about me; indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You. But the night shines as the day; the darkness and the light are both alike to You. For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the day fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them.


The psalmist goes on to talk about the precious thoughts God has for us and how much love he has for God. I want to never forget this and to love God because He first loved me with such tenderness. I love you all and pray for the peace of God to surround you.

No comments: